Thermoacoustic comfort systems for rail vehicles
Applications Railway sector: rail transport knows no crisis and even the European Union considers it one of the most efficient and sustainable means of transport from an economic and ecological point of view. In high-speed trains, the use of lightweight construction materials has been instrumental in improving both the speed and economy of transport. In today’s increasingly energy-conscious society, rail travel is becoming a preferable choice over cars.
As a result, more and more people travel by train every day and must be able to do so safely and comfortably. ITE Isolanti has therefore developed innovative insulation solutions that fulfil these requirements. The critical factors in the design and construction of modern rail vehicles are size, weight and performance. Any insulation used must meet the following requirements:
- Low thermal conductivity and high acoustic performance (Sound Absorbing Insulation and Sound Impeding Masses)
- Resistance to high temperatures in the event of fire (Fire barriers, Thermo-blasting, High-temperature fabrics and Sound-absorbing Thermo-insulating materials)
- Vibration resistance (Dampeners)
- Water resistance (Draining, Anti-condensation Thermo-insulating)
- Applicability to vertical wall, horizontal ceiling or horizontal floor (Fixing systems)
- Resistance to deterioration over time
- Low density in order to achieve lower weight for greater speed and energy efficiency; maximum performance-to-weight ratio
- Mouldability with minimum tolerances.
- Reduced thickness to ensure maximum passenger space
- Factory pre-moulding, coating and assembly available
ITE Isolanti can provide solutions that meet all these design challenges and offer insulation systems for a wide range of rail transport applications including subways, trams, regional railways, and even high-speed trains.
Floating rail floors (heated and unheated)
ITE Isolanti designs, manufactures and installs complete floor systems consisting of not only wood-based panels, but also anti-vibration systems, rubber or linoleum coverings and, if required, integrated heating. These systems guarantee lower weight, high thermal efficiency, increased sound insulation and vibration absorption, fire and smoke resistance, and fast assembly.
ITE-floor is an innovative heated floor system It is a sophisticated solution that solves the problems of heating in carriages, saving energy while ensuring great ease of installation. It is a high-tech product that offers superior performance to conventional heating systems and guarantees a comfortable environment for all passengers. ITE-floor was designed and developed in cooperation with the Polytechnic University of Turin
Fire and safety protection for cable ducts
The need for compartmentalisation cannot disregard the protection of technological installations such as cable ducts carrying electrical cables and plant networks in compartmentalised areas. The design solution to these problems can avoid certain important risk factors during a fire, such as:
- loss of system functionality (especially for electrical systems, alarm systems, solenoid valves of fire extinguishing systems, etc.).
- fire propagation through ducts.
- ignition factors related to short circuits (for electrical installations)
Many electrical systems and equipment must remain in operation even in the event of a fire: this applies to many industrial plants, alarm systems, emergency telephone lines, lifts, auxiliary power supply and emergency lighting in buildings: operation must remain efficient under safe conditions. A variety of protection materials are used, but by evaluating the characteristics of the installation and the customer’s needs, we are able to offer the best solution at the most convenient price.