Thermoacoustic comfort systems for rail vehicles
Applications Railway sector: rail transport knows no crisis and even the European Union considers it one of the most efficient and sustainable means of transport from an economic and ecological point of view. In high-speed trains, the use of lightweight construction materials has been instrumental in improving both the speed and economy of transport. In today's increasingly energy-conscious society, rail travel is becoming a preferable choice over cars.
As a result, more and more people travel by train every day and must be able to do so safely and comfortably. ITE Isolanti has therefore developed innovative insulation solutions that fulfil these requirements. The critical factors in the design and construction of modern rail vehicles are size, weight and performance. Any insulation used must meet the following requirements:
- Low thermal conductivity and high acoustic performance (Sound Absorbing Insulation and Sound Impeding Masses)
- Resistance to high temperatures in the event of fire (Fire barriers, Thermo-blasting, High-temperature fabrics and Sound-absorbing Thermo-insulating materials)
- Vibration resistance (Dampeners)
- Water resistance (Draining, Anti-condensation Thermo-insulating))
- Resistance to deterioration over time
- Low density in order to achieve lower weight for greater speed and energy efficiency; maximum performance-to-weight ratio
- Mouldability with minimum tolerances.
- Reduced thickness to ensure maximum passenger space
- Factory pre-moulding, coating and assembly available
ITE Isolanti can provide solutions that meet all these design challenges and offer insulation systems for a wide range of rail transport applications including subways, trams, regional railways, and even high-speed trains.